expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search Box

Friday, 9 March 2018

Final Year First Class Student Of Uniben Commits Suicide


It was accumulated that the Uniben understudy who is said to be a Bipolar disorder patient, hanged himself inside after 20 minutes of locking the door 

500 level Computer Engineering top of the line understudy of Uniben (University of Benin), distinguished basically as Adam, purportedly committed suicide on Thursday evening soon after he returned home from classes.

It was assembled that Uniben student who is said to be a Bipolar disorder patient (once known as manic depression or manic-depressive disorder), charged his telephone, washed his garments, at that point went inside his room and hanged himself inside 20 minutes of locking the door. 

His lifeless body was just found when his sister, who originated from Ekenwa grounds of the Universsity, constrained the entryway open. 

This is coming after Esegine Rickson, the confined 300-level student of the University of Benin, clarified the circumstances surrounding the death of his church member to the Students’ Union Government of the institution, saying he has no hand in the death.

Rickson, a minister, a transport driver and two others are being confined at the Edo State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department. 

PUNCH Metro had revealed that the prisoners were coming back from a retreat at a parish of the Redeemed Christian Church of God on Sapele Road, Benin, Edo State, on Sunday, July 2, when they experienced a speeding truck. 

The Dean of Students' Affairs, UNIBEN, Prof. Benson Osadolor, had said endeavors to secure Rickson's discharge on bail so he could sit for the progressing exams had proved unsuccessful. 

Notwithstanding, the PRO Students' Union Government of the foundation, Ehiabhi Goodnews, revealed to PUNCH Metro that Rickson gave a “blow-by-blow account” of the occurrence when a delegate of the SUG went to him in detainment. 

He stated, “This is what actually happened. Uche (Rickson) was coming from a vigil at a parish of the RCCG in the GRA on Sapele Road.

“They boarded a public bus and he (Rickson) sat beside the church member. When everything was going on, Uche (Rickson) was asleep.

“A trailer was coming from opposite direction and the bus driver swerved to dodge the trailer.

“The phone of the deceased, who was sitting close to the window, fell outside. The driver stopped and someone alighted to pick the phone. The person discovered there were bloodstains on the phone. He enquired for the owner. At that point, it was discovered that the deceased was bleeding from the head. That was when Uche woke up. They rushed the deceased to the Central Hospital. He also attended the vigil, but Uche said he didn’t know his name.

“The hospital referred them to the UBTH. It was when they got there that they called the parents of the deceased. The driver immediately took his bus to a car wash and washed the bloodstains on the vehicle.

“The boy died in the arms of his mother. That was when the police were invited. The police came and arrested everybody on the bus. The driver’s action made it look as if the boy was murdered. So, our student was arrested because he was at the scene, not that he had any direct link.”

Goodnews said students refrained from staging a protest at the SCIID because of others involved in the police investigation. He, however, said the SUG would meet with the school authorities to mount pressure on the police to conclude the investigation on time.

“When the case is charged to court, we will get a lawyer to ensure that he is granted bail. When we saw him, he said he was not being maltreated and that was why we are calm,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment