OR
expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Search Box

Tuesday, 26 July 2016

Ansbach Explosion: 15 people injured



A failed Syrian Asylum seeker has blown himself up and injured 15 other people with a backpack bomb near a festival in South German.
The 27-year-old man detonated the device after he was stopped from entering into the music festival.
About 2,500 people were evacuated from the venue after the explosion.
It is the third violent attack in Bavaria in a week. The state's premier described it as "days of horror".
Bavaria has been on edge since a knife attack on a train last week that so-called Islamic State (IS) said it was behind.
On Friday a gun attack killed nine in Munich.
The Ansbach blast took place at 22:10 (20:10 GMT) on Sunday evening, outside the Eugens Weinstube bar in the centre of the town, which has a population of 40,000 and is home to a US military base.
The bomb went off close to the entrance to the Ansbach Open music festival.
A witness, Thomas Debinski, reported "panic" after the explosion, although some people had thought it was caused by a gas explosion.
"Then people came past and said it was a rucksack that had exploded ".
A backpack, apparently largely intact, was seen on the floor close to where the man died

No comments:

Post a Comment